National Congress on Rural Education in Canada is scheduled to take place in Saskatoon from March 31 to April 2, 2019. As information is released about the coming event, it will be posted on this webpage.
2019 National Congress on Rural Education in Canada
The central theme for the 2019 National Congress on Rural Education in Canada is "Innovations in Rural Education". School divisions of all sizes, demographics, and locations are pushing the boundaries of innovation and 21st century learning. To respond to the rapidly changing demographics of our student population we need to be innovative in our strategies to improve outcomes for student and learning communities. Delegates are invited to engage in open conversations; have opportunities to collaborate in meaningful discussions; and make connections at provincial and national levels.
Invitation to Attend
- Pre-Congress Workshop
- Education On-Site Visits
- Keynote Presenters
Schedule at a Glance
Breakout Session Descriptions
Please observe Intellectual Property Rights for all presentations.
- Learning with Pride, Learning Together: Welcoming Gender & Sexual Diversity in Schools - Lori Meyer, Prairie South School Division, Joe Wickenhauser, Moose Jaw Pride
- Supporting Mental Health in South East Cornerstone - Cheryl Anderson, Michael Graham, South East Cornerstone Public School Division
- Leading in Risky Times: Implementing and Advancing Enterprise Risk Management -Lori Jeschke, Bob Bayles, George Janzen, Prairie Spirit School Division
- It Takes a Community to Educate a Child – Class of 2030 Project - Tonya Lehman, Shannon Lessard, Living Sky School Division
- Cornerstone of a Community - Kerri Levelton, Irene LaPierre, School District No. 52 Prince Rupert
- Building Rural Leadership Capacity – Tina Goar, Northwest Board of Cooperative Educational Services
Display Booth Application
Conference Sponsorship Opportunities
20 Year Celebration Video
Room 1257 Education Building
28 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK
Saskatoon SK S7N 0X1